Bruce C. Bolling Building
BCA provided consulting services for the preservation of three historic buildings: the Ferdinand Building, built in 1895, the Curtis Building (1888) and the Waterman Building (1890). The historic structures were integrated into a new transportation center and office complex in Dudley Square, which won the Preservavtion Massachusetts Thomas M. Menino Award in 2015. BCA led the project’s review with the Boston Landmarks Commission, and is currently advising in the development of a permanent Historic Interpretive Exhibit that will reuse materials from an earlier building on the site, demolished in 2008.
Harleston Parker Medal by Boston Society of Architects
Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence Finalist
Materials: Brick, Stone, Terra Cotta
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Field Testing, Finishes Analysis, Monitoring, Specifications, Working Drawings