First Battery Armory
New York, NY
The former First Battery Armory at 56 West 66th Street, designed by architects Horgan & Slattery and completed in 1903, is an individual New York City landmark and one of the few extant historic armories in New York City. As preservation consultant, BCA secured a 20% federal historic preservation tax credit for the adaptive re-use of this historic armory, designed interior and exterior restorative treatments approved by the New York State Historic Preservation Office and the National Park Service, managed the successful approvals process at the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission, and listed the building on the NYS and National Register of Historic Places.
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Landmarks, Research