New York, NY
Hamilton Grange is believed to be the only home owned by Alexander Hamilton, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Hamilton built this Federal-style country house in 1801-02 in what is now the neighborhood of Hamilton Heights in Manhattan. In 2008, Hamilton Grange was moved to a site one block away within St. Nicholas Park, and following the move, the restoration of the exterior and interior began. The project focused on completing the exterior and interior architectural rehabilitation, including building and site improvements and interior work including plaster work, wood balustrades installation, electrical and telecommunication needs, and installation of Government Furnished items.
BCA served as the Construction Management Representative for the National Park Service, assisting in the administration of the project, including coordination of various Government-furnished items and site work, construction activities, and future exhibit needs.
Read more about the restoration here.
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Inspection Services, Monitoring